2020-2021 ANNUAL REPORT
Mission: Lead the personnel, stewardship, financial health and legal compliance of our church, so that we are sufficient to be the hands and feet of Christ in our community and the world.
Members: Ron Bailey, Fred Kate, Cara Wood, David Green (Pastor), Jay Swoboda (Chair). Members who departed the committee in 2020: Joanne Deaver, Mickey Deison, Todd Harrell, David Perciful.
Overview and Plans:
- Through generous financial support, we ended 2020 within 1% of our planned budget, even in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. Bless you all for your faithful support of our church.
- With careful control of our spending, we ended 2020 with expenses 4% less than plan, giving us a $25,000 surplus.
- In lieu of pay raises, we compensated our staff again this year with bonuses based on our actual financial condition, allowing us to recognize them for their efforts and dedication. They took the pandemic and all the special precautions, considerations, and adaptations in stride and brought us through. Thank you, team, for a heroic effort and successful year.
- We applied for and received $33,992 in loans under the Payroll Protection Program of the federal government. Through judicious spending and good financial controls, we met the requirements for forgiveness of this loan. Thank you to Fred Kate, David Green and others who worked to make this a success.
- Pledges are down for 2021 due to COVID, several deaths in our congregation and other extenuating circumstances. With your faithful support through your pledges, considerable planning and adding in the remaining 2020 surplus after staff compensation and the PPP funds, we are presenting a tight but strong budget with a projected $10,364 surplus for 2021. Thank you again to Fred Kate for all his efforts making this work.
- We did a review of the Presbyterian Day School (PDS) finances and found they had lost money for each of the previous two (2) years. We established a PDS Ministry Team, under the Session, to regain oversight and leadership to provide for the sustainable operation of this valuable ministry. Karen Clark generously agreed to undertake leadership of this committee.
- We expanded our online giving and ability to accept payments by credit card and continue to make this more user friendly and convenient.
- We are also forming a Future Task Force to evaluate our church’s resources and property and determine the best and highest use to reduce debt and provide sustainable financial support to allow us to continue doing Christ’s work in our community and in the world.
- We will approach these initiatives and activities through the lenses of Reconnecting, Rebuilding and Restoring.
Thank you for your continued support and your prayers for wisdom and discernment.